A twist on the classic Italian treat, this Tiramisu recipe uses matcha green tea powder for extra wow factor! The slightly bitter and earthly flavour of the matcha powder is perfectly complimented by lashings of sweet cream. This show stopper of a dessert was contributed by the lovely people at Dolce Italian Patisserie. Try serving it at your next event and just wait for the ‘ahhhhh’ s!
- 500 grams mascarpone cheese
- 250 grams whipping cream
- 5 eggs
- 5 table spoons of sugar
- 175 grams Italian savoiardi
- 3 grams vanilla powder
- 2-4 matcha spoons of matcha green tea powder
To make the cream:
1. Separate the yolks from the white and put the whites aside.
2. Mix the yolks with the sugar until it becomes a smooth cream. Add the mascarpone and mix through. Add the matcha green tea powder.
3. Whip the egg whites. Add the egg whites to the mix of mascarpone-sugar-yolk. Whip the cream and add it to the mix.
4. Prepare a cup of matcha green tea (recipe here). Use a little of the matcha tea to soak the savoiardi.
5. In a cup, put a layer of cream, a layer of soaked savoiardi, a second layer or cream, a second layer of soaked savoiardi and a final layer of cream. Repeat.
6. Sprinkle the top of each cup with a little extra matcha powder. Voila!
Get in touch with the lovely folks at Dolce Italian Patisserie for more homemade Italian goodness and to place orders in London:
Email: email@example.com, Facebook: @dolceitalianpatisserie, Instagram: @dolce_italianpatisserie